Natasha L. Herz, M.D.
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Fellowship-trained in Cataract, Cornea and LASIK surgery
- Chief of Ophthalmology, Adventist Hospital at White Oak Medical Center
- Past President of Montgomery County Medical Society
- Named in Washingtonian’s Top Doctors Since 2012
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award for women in top 10% of field
- E.M. Gullatt Scholar Award for Exceptional Academic Record
- Read Dr. Herz’s complete CV.
Natasha L. Herz, M.D. was raised in Iowa, attended Oral Roberts University, and earned a Bachelors of Science degree, graduating Summa Cum Laude in 1997. She obtained her Doctor of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma in 2002 where she earned highest honors and was selected for Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. Dr. Herz completed her Ophthalmology residency with the Cullen Eye Institute at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas in 2006. She was then awarded the esteemed fellowship in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery at Baylor, which she completed in 2007.
Dr. Herz received her Ophthalmology Board certification in 2007 and is on staff at Washington Adventist Hospital. She provides a wide range of medical and surgical eye care services for patients of all ages. As a cornea specialist, she offers the latest innovations in partial-layer corneal transplant surgery and cataract surgery. These include using the “trifocal” lens implants plus astigmatism correction, which can often enable patients to become glasses free for reading and driving. She is currently accepting new patients.